Victorian Trades Hall Council
Nationbuilder Design & Development Proposal
Who we are
Code Nation brings together years of experience working on campaigns in electoral politics, with NGOs, not-for profits and with sustainable businesses. We’re a young, creative agency with staff in Australia and Colombia and clients from across the world.
Our experience and speciality is combining communication strategy with the latest in digital tools. A great campaign is a compelling story, well told - we help you find your narrative and give you the platforms you need to motivate your community to action.
Why we do what we do
At Code Nation we know it’s communities that change the world we live in and make it a better place. We want to help progressive advocates of every type, from across the globe, be stronger. We want people to share more, learn more and create more in collectively building a sustainable future.
Our team is dedicated to equipping activist communities with the digital strategies and tools they need to reach their goals.
Making our small contribution to the big change you're bringing about is what gets us up in the mornings and keeps us working late at night.
Code Nation is a five-star rated NationBuilder creative agency - and the first accredited firm in Latin America. To this outstanding design and technical background we bring the strategic capacity to understand your campaign in context - so we can create the tools you need to pull it all together.
Our team has worked extensively with a wide range of non-profits and campaign organisations, which will serve as an anchor of understanding in meeting your unique needs and objectives.
Our past experience includes work in political campaigns for the the Australian Greens, the Colombian Greens, Sydney's independent Lord Mayor Clover Moore and various emerging parties and independents. Our work in the non-government sector has included support for GetUp, the Sydney Alliance, and other NGOs such as 350.org, WWF, AYCC and Friends of the Earth, as well as unions, community organisations and various social movements across the world, with a particular focus on climate change.
Examples of our work include:
The purpose of this project is to provide your team with a redeveloped digital infrastructure with a user-friendly content management system so that you can continue to campaign on behalf of Victorian Trades Hall Council's affiliated unions.
In order to achieve this, we will redevelop and implement a renewed digital platform on Nationbuilder, geared towards engaging and informing your supporters.
Code Nation will deliver this digital platform to:
- Simplify the process for content updates and enable your team to easily create, edit and customise pages through NationBuilder's CMS
- Centralise all affiliated supporter data into a single database / CRM including activities across the website, social media, email communication and donations
- Provide comprehensive support for all NationBuilder page types
- Create a refreshed responsive design with support across desktop, tablet and mobile
- Attract new supporters, including subscribers and donors to meet the campaign's growth targets
- Direct website traffic towards taking action
- Convey Victorian Trade Hall Council's message in a neat and modern way
- Lower barriers to action through ease of navigation
World Class Design
World Class Design
Our refreshed design for the Victorian Trades Hall Council will give you direct access to consult with our world class design team and to ensure your site is crafted to support your campaign's ladder of engagement with targeted calls to action.
This planning process will allow for full collaboration with Victorian Trades Hall Council to recreate a clear and coherent user flow throughout the site.
We will structure each call to action as part of your progressive ladder of engagement, designed to maximise conversions. These calls to action will be supported by user-specific content for new signups.
2. Site Recreated
Our redesign will include your existing powerful campaign imagery and prominent calls to action with all necessary iterations. We will ensure that the site will have smooth navigation and be neat and modern.
The focus will be on recreating the Victorian Trades Hall Council site whilst providing the viewers with material and encouraging them to get involved with prominent calls to action.
In the timeline provided below we have outlined stages for review throughout the process. Revisions during the site design process will allow for your feedback to ensure our visions are aligned with the Victorian Trades Hall Council.
Our unique design process includes all necessary iterations in order to ensure that the recreated website style meets with your full approval and best serve Victorian Trades Hall Council's specific needs.
1. Recreation of site structure and features
Our work combines the highest standards of modern web development with the latest in campaign strategy. Your rebuilt site on Nationbuilder will be built for action, while utilising dynamic content for simple backend management. The custom website theme will be recreated with the existing site structure and features whilst also including:
- Admin-only edit links for control panel users to navigate to the relevant backend section to make changes to the page they are viewing.
- A powerful digital toolset to communicate with your supporters and track their engagement across your website, social media and email updates
- Easy content management and moderation of all content sections across the site
- Use of social proof and case studies to motivate your community to take action.
- A digital ladder of engagement that encourages supporters to gradually strengthen their connection with the Victorian Trades Hall Council community.
- Full support for all NationBuilder action page types
2. NationBuilder Homepage
A custom layout with powerful imagery and prominent calls to action. The homepage will support fully-integrated streams of latest content and most recent supporter actions. It will include the following sections, all with content that can be easily managed through the backend:
- Header video with prominent calls to action displayed
- A join form with a latest action stream
- A most recent blog / stories feed with embeddable videos and links to full content
- Campaign highlights with an excerpt of the most recent campaigns and "Take Action" buttons for new supporters to get involved
- A share section with social media links and embedded social media feed
3. Content Management
The custom Nationbuilder site we create will have the full site structure according to the sitemap from your existing site. We will add helpful admin-only links for each page so you are able to click through from the front-end of any page in order to edit the content from where it is managed in the backend.
NationBuilder's user-friendly content management system will allow your team to directly manage all content updates and page customisations.
4. Personalised Sign-up Process
The custom sign-up process will allow targeted email blasts to reach members and keep them informed of Victorian Trades Hall Council's ongoing work and to get them involved in campaigns, issues and events. We will build a subscription process to capture relevant data from your supporters for easy use through NationBuilder's native bulk email toolset. Victorian Trades Hall Council's optimised signup / subscription process will include:
- A signup form prominent on your new homepage and other content pages, in addition to a dedicated signup / subscription page
- Custom landing page and thank you notifications
- Use of social proof to encourage signup (optional)
- Prompts for social share or other actions in line with Victorian Trades Hall Council's goals
- Full support for custom data collection and fields
- Increased depth of social media integration through optimised sharing / promotion
5. Social Media Integration
Code Nation will integrate Victorian Trades Hall Council's digital presence into a single database / CRM, including social media activities, email communications and website actions. The site will provide increased depth of social media integration through optimised sharing and promotion. This will be delivered through the inclusion of dynamic social media content including:
- a live stream of latest tweets
- a feed of Instagram posts
- fully responsive Facebook plugin
6. Donation Tools
We will leverage NationBuilder's donation page type to develop a custom staged donation process with support for various fundraising initiatives, including campaign-based donation drives.
A) Donation Pages
- Staged donation process designed to maximise conversions
- Custom landing pages
- Support for one-off, monthly, or instalment payments
- Flexibility to integrate with multiple payment processors. We can provide advice on the best fit for your needs, for example a mix of Stripe (to host the complete donation process directly on your website) and PayPal Express (to enable monthly donations at reduced rates).
B) Campaign-Specific Asks
- Donation pages can be easily replicated to reflect particular campaign asks
- Custom progress bars encourage support towards a visible goal
- Time-based appeals can be created to encourage support through urgency as specific campaign moments arise.
7. Latest News/ Blog
- A stream of the most recent articles and posts
- Displaying teaser images and content excerpts
- Including button links to full content
- Dynamic image, text and video content that supports easy backend management
- Post excerpts include thumbnails, content snippets and button links to the full articles and content
- Social media share buttons will be automatically generated for each post / article
- Support for ticketed events, both free and priced, with options for multiple purchase bundles.
- Dynamic RSVP forms that adapt to provide a share / tweet prompt for registered attendees
- Action stream of latest RSVPs
- Simple backend management
A “latest events” section that displays all current events in reverse chronological order (i.e. most recent on top) with thumbnail images and text excerpts
9. Volunteer Recruitment
- Dynamic image, text and video content that supports easy backend management
- Configuration of multiple volunteer roles or campaign-based volunteer recruitment
- Increased depth of social media integration through optimised sharing/promotion
- A stream of recent volunteers to increase engagement through social proof
- Ease of segmentation (e.g. by state) to streamline volunteer management and support your existing engagement practices
- Improved segmentation through targeted data capture
- Contact forms including full name, email address, enquiry / message, and other fields at your discretion.
- A custom landing page with a personalised thank you message and success notification.
- Allow supporters to get in touch directly with the Victorian Trades HallCouncil team
10. Contact Us
Our development will allow Victorian Trades Hall Council to accept payments on the website shop directly via the use of embeddable eCommerce widgets such as Ecwid. This will allow for eCommerce management to be through your existing membership accounts and require no extra software installation necessary.
The following timeframes are indicative - comment periods will be iterative but this serves to give a sense of the time required to deliver the project.
Mon, 8 Aug - Approval of project
Tues, 29 Aug - Initial design phase commences with feedback doc provided
Wed, 7 Sep - Completed design feedback doc submitted for implementation
Fri, 9 Sep - Revised design feedback doc implemented
Mon, 12 Sep - Final website design confirmed. Development phase commences
Mon, 26 Sep - Initial development provided for testing, proofing and revision
Wed, 28 Sep - Initial feedback doc completed.
Mon, 3 Oct - Initial feedback doc implemented. Final feedback commences.
Mon, 10 Oct - Final development provided for testing, proofing and revision
Wed, 12 Oct - Final development feedback completed
Mon, 17 Oct - Final development feedback implemented
Mon, 24 Oct - Website launched
Web, 24 Oct - Bugs and Tweaks revised
Mon, 31 Oct - Possible retainer work commences
Costs exclude website hosting and domain fees; NationBuilder monthly pricing; image licensing fees; and ongoing technical support.
Payment will be made in two instalments, 50% upon commencement and 50% upon final project delivery.
Work outside or beyond the scope of this proposal will be charged at our standard hourly rate. The client will be advised and asked to approve any such additional hours.
p: (+61) 02 6100 4426
m: (+62) 481 789 365